Whenever I stop to do a survey in the steet I end up disappointed because they always seem to be about double glazing, utilities suppliers or the latest junk food for kids. Nothing of real significance. The last one I did gave me bits of chocolate (you can see why I stopped) and was trying to find out whether I preferred the chocolate at room temperature or cold from the fridge. They did this by "hiding" the fridge (not very well) so that I wouldn't know. It took me some time and several tastes of "A" and "B" to give my decision I can tell you.
Why can't we have a survey about something important? Something like this:
1. Has anyone ever told you that God loves you and that He has a great plan for your life? Yes/No
2. If today were your last day here on earth, do you know for sure, beyond a shadow of a doubt that you would go to Heaven? Yes/No
3. If you answered, "yes" to question 2, is that because you are a good person and/or because you attend church regularly? Yes/No
4. Have you ever heard that the Holy Bible reads, "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." And "For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." And "Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved?" Yes/No
5. Did you know that you are a "whosoever"? Yes/No
Here's a quick prayer for you: Lord, bless each person who reads this with long and healthy lives. Jesus, do a quick work in their heart and make Yourself so real to them. If they have never recived You as there lord and Saviour, I pray that they will do so right now.
If you would like to receive the gift that God has for you today, say this with your heart and your lips out loud:
Dear Lord Jesus, come into my heart. Forgive me of my sin. Set me free. Jesus, thank You that You died for me. I believe that God raised You from the dead. Fill me with the Holy Spirit, the peace of God, and the joy of the Lord. Give me a passion to reach the lost, a hunger for the things of God, and a holy boldness to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm saved. I'm born-again. I'm forgiven and I'm on my way to Heaven because I have Jesus in my heart. Thank You Jesus!
When you asked Jesus to come into your heart and to forgive you, He heard you and did so. All of your sins are now forgiven. Always remember to run to God and NOT from God because He loves you and has a great plan for your life. That's VERY good news.
6. Did you say the above prayer? Yes/No
Now that sort of survey leaves someone with a gift of eternal significance!
This survey exists. It was produced by the The River at Tampa Bay Church where we have just spent an eye-opening week and where, every single day, ordinary people are having thier lives transformed by the love of God. See www.revival.com for more details.